Happy Birthday To Me
GUYS.... GUYS......I’m TWENTY-FRIGGIN-SIX. Somehow, I can’t wrap my brain around this. I don’t feel old. I don’t feel young. I feel like I’ve entered a strange age ambiguous group. Time is weird.
So! It has been a few years since I’ve made a real list of resolutions, but I decided to give it another go. I have said before that I love making resolutions based on my birthday and not on January 1st. Somehow it makes it feel more personal and real even if it’s only in my head. Looking back over goals of year’s past my lists have certainly changed direction, but it feels so good to think about things I’ve accomplished (learning how to sew? CHECK!).
1. Create one thing per week- Whether I’m painting with watercolor, sewing, or designing something on ceramic for work, I want to make it goal to create SOMETHING by the end of week.
2. Host another craft swap- I miss doing these terribly! I did the Christmas one with my friend Nicole from Kitsch Empire last year, but things were so crazy for at the time I really didn't get to enjoy it as much as I wanted and I felt rushed to get my gift finished. I would love to do a Valentine's Swap in 2016!
3. Make a quilt- I have been wanting to learn to do quilting and patchwork forever and, while I have done a few patchwork projects, I want to make an actual quilt!
4. Make a t-shirt quilt- I buy t-shirts sometimes compulsively. Some people have butt loads of band t-shirts or shirts with funny sayings on them, but you're involved in roller derby in any way you acquire A LOT of league and tournament t-shirts. I really don't want to just dump any of them at Goodwill and hardly ever wear some of them, so, t-shirt quilt to the rescue!
5. Read 12 books- In the last year, I think I have read 3 books. Maybe 4? I think I can feel my brain deteriorating inside of my skull.
6. Get a new tattoo- This is on my list every year! I can’t help it. It will never not be on my list.
7. Visit a national park- While I did grew up near the Everglades, visiting National Parks has been on my wishlist for a longgggggg time. Now that I live in Texas, visiting places like Utah or Colorado is easier and more affordable.
8. Become a level 3 certified WFDTA Non Skating Official- This year I was honored to become a Level 2 Certified Non Skating Official with the Women's Flat Track Derby association. This time next year, I hope to be applying for level 3.
9. Officiate 50 roller derby games- So far my record has not exceeded 41. I did match that this year with another 41, so next year I'm raising the bar and setting a new goal for myself of 50.